• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody -Need Custodial Powers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My ex and I have Joint Custody of our 13 and 15 year olds, but differences in parenting styles (I'm conservative, he's way too liberal) I plan to seek Custodial Parent status so that I hopefully will have some decision making ability. Also he takes them to the Dr. excessively for no reason and I sincerely believe my daughter is becoming a hypochondriac.

I wish to file this myself in the State of Alabama. I know I can acquire the form, but other than filing it with the clerk's office, but afterwards what civil procedure do I follow? I believe I have enough evidence of material change - drop in grades, school attendance to be granted this. Anyone been through this? I also have access to the State Codes, of course, but haven't had time to read the Civil Procedure Title - if that's where the info is.

Thanks! I'm really lawyered out over the past 14 years!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential