• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint custody to full custody..can I do it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Texas. My ex-wife and I have joint custody of our 5 year old son. He lives with me. I disapprove of her living arrangements with her boyfriend.........and his roommate. My sons legal address is here with me. Can I stop her from getting him on her scheduled times because I do not want him in that environment.....especially at night. I have learned that my son will be sleeping in the same with his mother and her boyfriend also. DO these circumstances give me any legal ground to holt her 50% of his time until I can take action through an attorney?


Grandma B

Sorry, Doright

While I agree with you that her living arrangements leave a lot to be desired, you can't do anything except follow the court orders, or go back to ask that they be changed. Don't put yourself at risk of being charged with contempt.

Also, don't get your hopes built too high because the courts in most states don't really care about people's living arrangements so long as children are not neglected or abused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential