• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint ownership of house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

posionivy18

Mass.,Me and my ex-boyfriend bought home together. we have a child. i put a down payment on home. he moved out in august and is now trying to make me sell at a low price. the house has doubled in value. can i get my investment and half the equity? it is a bad situation, i was pressured into signing a "letter of intent" to sell, and in it my investment wasn't mentioned. he said he needed this letter to let the appraiser look at the house. i signed it and now his lawyer is telling me i have to sell at a price i feel is way too low. what are my options? he wants to buy out with less then my investment was.

HomeGuru

Only agree to sell at fair market value as determined by a state licensed real estate appraiser.
Do not let his attorney push you around, do not sign anything or agree to anything. Get an attorney to level the playing field.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">