• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge vs. Guardian Ad Litem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Ginger

Massachusetts

Will a judge take the recommendaton of a GAL on it's own or will he let us make a case as to why we think she is wrong?

I am a stay home mom and the GAL recommended that we have joint Physical custody. We live 4 towns away from each other about 35 miles one way. She wants the kids to be at ex house for school, I am to pick up kids at school and bring them to my house and he picks them up after he gets out of work (he owns his business) and when he goes on business trips or vacation with his wife, I am to take the kids that time and bring them back and forth to school.

Would a judge agree to that? Like I said I am a stay home mom and my ex and wife both work. The school filed a 51A child abuse charge on them March 2001 and the GAL still did this? Any advice anyone?

LegalBeagle

Mag-63 said:
Massachusetts

Will a judge take the recommendaton of a GAL on it's own or will he let us make a case as to why we think she is wrong?

I am a stay home mom and the GAL recommended that we have joint Physical custody. We live 4 towns away from each other about 35 miles one way. She wants the kids to be at ex house for school, I am to pick up kids at school and bring them to my house and he picks them up after he gets out of work (he owns his business) and when he goes on business trips or vacation with his wife, I am to take the kids that time and bring them back and forth to school.

Would a judge agree to that? Like I said I am a stay home mom and my ex and wife both work. The school filed a 51A child abuse charge on them March 2001 and the GAL still did this? Any advice anyone?
Advise? Yes, retain a family law attorney before something terrible happens. If you can not afford an attorney then try legal aid. Otherwise, you need to present this to the judge when you are in front of them.

Ambr

basically what you described, you are going to be a babysitter for the ex. of course, they are your kids too and it will be nice to see them everyday of the week.

how old are the kids?

G

Ginger

Judge vs. GAL

I have two children, son 8 and daughter 10. I have physcial of our son and he has Temporary Physical of daughter. Lots of brainwashing, new wife has girl 11. She also stated she was a stay home mom. Consequently, she threw her children out of house and her ex has custody. The school filed an abuse order against them and happened during GAL investigation, that is why I cannot figure out why she thinks my children are better off there and not here? I do have an attorney, and we are hiring an expert to review her recommendation and do more investigation, the GAL didn't talk to the 2 social workers, or my daughter's counselor. She talked with everyone on my ex. That is why we are fighting this. Also, he doesn't want to pay child support, he wronged his first wife and now he is doing same. Does this help clarify?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">