• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement against me but wrong name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JETX

If the judgment was rendered in the wrong name (as you say), then it is only enforcable against the person named.... and that isn't you. So, you have nothing to worry about in the judgment itself. (They could come back and try to amend the lawsuit, but that can be quashed pretty easily due to improper notice and party).

As for the debt, it is clearly yours (from your post) and you are responsible for it.

J

Jerabathga

Thank you very much. That does put my mind at ease. I do intend on making good on this....I was just looking for a way for them to open up to peace talks about the debt.

Jerabathga

Halket said:
If the judgment was rendered in the wrong name (as you say), then it is only enforcable against the person named.... and that isn't you. So, you have nothing to worry about in the judgment itself. (They could come back and try to amend the lawsuit, but that can be quashed pretty easily due to improper notice and party).

As for the debt, it is clearly yours (from your post) and you are responsible for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">