• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?I live in Tampa, Florida. I recenetly went to small claims court and lost even though I had an attorney. The other guy was awarded a judgement of $875 against me. Even though me and my attorney thought that we had a good case we ended up with a less than compassionate temporary judge that was really old and he ruled against me. My question is what can he levy on ? My home is in me and my wifes name and has a mortgage, both vehicles are leased, our boat is in my wifes name only, our camper is in both our names and has a lein holder. How can i protect these and other assets? My only income is a pension and S/S disability although my wife works part time. Do I need to hide my personal things such as golf clubs,guns etc.? What can this guy touch? He is rich and owns a car wash. While at his car wash i went to his restroom and became locked in it because of a faulty lock. I am claustophobic and after several calls for help that no one heard I hit the door with my body weight and busted the door jam to free myself. The guy did not even show a receipt of the cost to fix the door in court only 3 estimates. The attorney i used was agressive but the judge said that I did the damage and should pay.


Senior Member
Attempting to hide any assets is fraud and will get you in even more trouble. $875 in not very much money, why not just pay it and get it over with or do you think hiding from someone the next 20 years is worth it?


I must be missing something.

You get trapped in a restroom, have to break out. Are nice enough not to sue for medical treatment, and it costs you 875.00?


Junior Member
I, too, am a wee bit confused....I would think YOU had a better case against him than he against you. Can anyone tell me if civil judgments can be appealed? I would think this would be a good one to appeal if it's possible. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential