• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement refiled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? ohio A check cashing company won a judgement against me in 2000. I was paying the money but missed a couple of months in 2002. They electronically removed the money from my account. I signed papers trying to stop the payment which I thought was unsuccessful. Received letter from the company stating that I still owe them the money. I guess my bank did revoke the e-debit. The co. did not send me warning letter that they where going to remove money.The check cashing co. now says that they are going to take me back to court.Can they sue me twice for the same money? pam


Senior Member
No. If they already have a judgment, the DO have the right to levy your bank account if you miss paying as agreed. About all they could do in taking you 'back to court' would be a debtor's exam or go for wage garnishment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential