• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a judgement that I appeared in court for in 1997. I was told to pay the amount, 1600$ I haven't heard hide nor hair from the folks since the court date.

The judgement is on my credit and we are looking at purchasing our first home. One lender told me to have the judgement vacated and settle with the plantiff for like.50 on the dollar, get it removed from my credit et al...

What he told me sounded nice, but I don't know how to really go about what he said or if it can even be removed (that is if they EVEN accept .50 on the dollar)

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,


Senior Member
Email me (address below). I will try to help you negotiate this debt so that you can clear this ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential