• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kettle

What is the name of your state? CA Can an arbitration award on credit card debt still get a judgment against me if the SOL has expired??

JETX

kettle said:
What is the name of your state? CA Can an arbitration award on credit card debt still get a judgment against me if the SOL has expired??
Why are you agreeing to arbitration if the SOL has 'tolled' on the debt??

JETX

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

JetX, are you using the word "toll" for the word "expired"?

IAAL
Yes. I was... and it is the wrong use of the word.

Toll is to "delay, suspend or hold off the effect of a statute." It is the wrong use... and should have been expired.
Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JETX said:
Yes. I was... and it is the wrong use of the word.

Toll is to "delay, suspend or hold off the effect of a statute." It is the wrong use... and should have been expired.
Thank you.

My response:

That's okay. I just wanted to understand what was being said.

IAAL

kettle

I did not agree to arbitration. Never responded to their letters. Received letter from NAF with award in favor of MBNA but till now they have never seeked judgement.

JETX

kettle said:
I did not agree to arbitration. Never responded to their letters.
Your refusal to reply to their notice was very likely a default agreement to arbitration. This is probably noted in your agreement.
Why did you refuse to respond to their notice of required arbitration?? Sounds to me like you screwed yourself in allowing them to 'win' the arbitration, which was (or could be) used to get a judgment against you.

kettle

I was advised to ignore the arbitration letters. There is no judgement against me. Since they haven't filed a judgement and the SOL has since expired,can they still get a judgement? Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">