• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgements and how to freeze bank accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I have a judgement awarded against my ex wife. She is not currently working nor does she have any real assets under her name. She has most things under her boyfriends name. I understand if you know the bank the person deals with and if you know their account number than it can be frozen. My question is how do I find out where she banks and how do I find out her account numbers? I do not have the money for a private investigator or anything else like that. So how can I get this information free? I am raising our two daughters with out any help from her so money is really tight! But I know she has an account under her name,but I don't know where or the account number?


Senior Member
Q1) "So how can I get this information free?"
A1) With the passage of the G-L-B Act (15 USC 6821, et seq), the access to personal banking information is extremely restricted. As such, there are NO free sites with this information, and most of the 'private, fee-based' services have been shut down due to violations. Simply, there is no easy way to get this information separately from asking. There is a way that the information can be obtained, by doing a 'debtors exam' or deposition of the debtor. If you decide to pursue this, contact the issuing court.

Also, you only need the bank location and her SSN, you don't need the account number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential