• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rondat

What is the name of your state? Missouri I received a summons last week for a judgment for a hospital bill that my insurance company should have paid, i received one phone call from the hospital and one letter in may from this attorney, but they have already posted it to my credit report and i havent even been to court yet. i have every intention of fighting this. can they put it on my credit report before we go to court i have to be in court on 9-5-02
please help before i go

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You can scream, yell, and stomp your feet all you want by saying that your insurance company should have paid the bill. That's not the hospital's issue or problem.

The problem lies with the fact that you signed the hospital papers saying that you are the one "guaranteeing" the debt. The hospital wants their money from you. It is not their responsibility to "fight" with YOUR insurance company. That's your job.

You waited too long to deal with this matter with your insurance company, or to pay the debt yourself. Now, the hospital is tired of waiting for you, and will win in court.

Since you're the one who signed the papers, and since you're the one who ultimately failed to pay the bill, then the hospital has every right to report your failure to pay to the credit reporting agencies - - and it doesn't matter that you haven't gone to court yet.

You have no defense to their lawsuit. Unless you find a way to pay now, you'll be getting a judgment against you, and then, all sorts of hell is going to happen next.

IAAL

L

legaleagle74

Your exactly right!

Right on IAAL! I couldn't of said it any better! one thing I would like to add, the cosumer is always "guilty until proven innocent" in cases such as these, the courts always consider the lenders or in your case the hospital, the victim. Sad, but true!

good luck! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">