• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judicial release fiasco

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kasydad

I am in Ohio with a problem about judicial release. In August of 2004 I was sentenced to 11 months on a felony 5 conviction. I waited the required 30 days and filed for a judicial release. In November of 2004 I was brought back from my institution to my county for a hearing and my judicial release was granted, but the judge stipulated that i had to wait until April 1, 2005 before i was to be released. In the course of waiting i was indicted on a felony 5 for non-support. I decided to go ahead and plead to the non-support case and take 6 months which extended my original out date from July 2 to July 26, 2005. I served out both sentences ( or so I thought) and was released from my institution on July 26, 2005. I am now being told that i have to report to the parole authority to begin serving my probation that was part of my judicial release ( 3 years). They are taking the stand that even though i served out the days the judicial is still granted and i only sered out the remaining days from April 1 to July 26 on the non-support case only. Doesn't the court have to grant me time served on the original charge also? Any comments will greatly help ( I am supposed to report to the parole authority in 5 days). Also any other comments on how maybe to get the court to dismiss if they still want me to serve probation.

n_and

didn't read your post, drunk, and do not particularly care.

Have you heard the new 'guerillas' song? The prat (and it's a part, too!) that goes...

HA HA HA HA HA. (In a laughing, sing-song manner.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">