• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

junk car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marla792

I live in Florida. Just bought a used car(91 grand am) 2 months ago. I thought it was in real good shape. I took it to have the oil changed and found out that the whole bottom of the car is rust. They can not get the oil filter off. They informed me they thought the car had been submurged in water. I then took it to a Pontiac dealer. They also said car is in bad shape and gave me a list of things wrong with it....all pertaining to the rusted bottom. The brakes, rack and pinion, catalatic converter, shocks...etc. These things are impossible to repair because of the rust. Can anyone tell me my options before I make my next payment(Friday). I would like to know what I can do about this before I am face to face with the car dealer.
Marla

L

lars coltrane

who did you buy the car from? an individual vs. a dealer.

If an individual, what representations were made about the car? Did you have it inspected.

If a dealer, what represenations were made? If a dealer, it sounds like you were not told the truth about the car. Was it sold as is? were you given the chance to get it inspected? Were you told anything about the car's history?

Sounds like you may have a case. I would recommend that you see a lawyer and get specific advice on how to handle this matter.

M

marla792

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lars coltrane:
who did you buy the car from? an individual vs. a dealer.

If an individual, what representations were made about the car? Did you have it inspected.

If a dealer, what represenations were made? If a dealer, it sounds like you were not told the truth about the car. Was it sold as is? were you given the chance to get it inspected? Were you told anything about the car's history?

Sounds like you may have a case. I would recommend that you see a lawyer and get specific advice on how to handle this matter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks fo answering, Lars. I bought the car from a car dealer. I bought it 2 months ago, put 1500 down and owe about 3,000 more. They told me it was owned by a female that took really good care of it. (That must have been before she drove it in the lake) It had a one month warranty, which I used to get other things fixed. I didn't have it inspected..they registered it for me and got my tags. It drives great and looks great.....just can't have anything repaired. I have never bought a disposable car before! Wouldn't a lawyer cost more than the car? Thanks Marla

L

lars coltrane

It sounds like the dealer should have known better or did in fact know better. I think you should ask your friends and/or family for a referral to a lawyer. Set up a consultation and find out what he/she thinks. There may be state rules that entitle you to attorneys fees and/or other damages that I am not aware of.

You may even consider calling the local media about what occurred. The dealer knew -they had to; that's there business. And if they say they didn't know, they should not be in business. Let us know what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">