• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction & Bail Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chigger

Okay.. please bear with me as this may get kind of long. I live in Oklahoma. A friend of mine had a car wreck in June of 98. The boy that was with him died in the accident. My friends blood alcohol was above the legal limits. He got charged with Manslaughter in the First Degree. He was sentenced at the end of January. His court minutes and the Judgment and Sentencing both say that they would set a bond if we choose to appeal. We have chosen to appeal and yet now they are saying that he cannot get out on bail because of a statue stating that people found guilty of Man 1 cannot get out on bail pending an appeal. Can they just change their minds and say no after putting it in paper that we could get him out?
Question 2.
The wreck happened in one county.. yet he was transported to a hospital in another county where an officer from that county arrested him. Where should he have been proscecuted? Where the wreck happened or where he was placed under arrest? One last thing.. what actually constitutes an arrest... we still think that he was never arrested.
Thank you for your time.

[This message has been edited by Chigger (edited February 25, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">