• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STEPHAN

Hi,

This is part of a sales contract:

Each of the parties to this agreement irrevocably agrees that the courts of X, Florida will have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any suit, action or proceedings, and/or to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with this agreement and, for these purposes, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of X, Florida.

X is my city. I am the seller.

Some buyer said that we do not have all the courts here, so this would be a problem. He suggested:

Each of the parties to this agreement irrevocably agrees that the relevant courts at the sellers location in Florida will have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any suit, action or proceedings, and/or to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with this agreement and, for these purposes, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts at the sellers location in Florida.

Is there a better wording?

Thanks

Stephan

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi,

This is part of a sales contract:

Each of the parties to this agreement irrevocably agrees that the courts of X, Florida will have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any suit, action or proceedings, and/or to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with this agreement and, for these purposes, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of X, Florida.

X is my city. I am the seller.

Some buyer said that we do not have all the courts here, so this would be a problem. He suggested:

Each of the parties to this agreement irrevocably agrees that the relevant courts at the sellers location in Florida will have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any suit, action or proceedings, and/or to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with this agreement and, for these purposes, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant courts at the sellers location in Florida.

Is there a better wording?

Thanks

Stephan
Your request is actually outside the scope of this forum (contract review & creation). I would suggest that you seek the assistance of a local attorney.

STEPHAN

Got it.

Well if anybody had a sample of what was used in his contract, I would be happy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">