• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jury trial to beat possession for sales charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loribugs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california The DA refusses to drop posession for sales to posession personal use so we are going to jury trial. If we win, which my lawyer seems to feel we will because there were no transactions involved just paraphanellia, then I will be sentenced for admitting to posession right. I was told that I will probibly get jail time and then have to do a program then court probation. At the completion of all this I will be able to have this removed from my record. So my question is if I win I save myself from a felony which is the biggest reason for the trial because It was for personal use but I have to admit to posession I thought all posession charges for meth were felony charges am I getting the right information about my sentencing or could I be facing a stiffer sentence if anyone can help I sure would like to know what all could happen.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

If convicted of possession for sales, you will NOT be eligible for Prop 36 diversion. If charged with both possession for sales and possession it is possible that you can be found guilty of the lesser possession charge.

Understand that possession for sales can be made upon packaging and amounts. Whether they will bring the relevant experts in to make the case or not has yet to be seen, but it is possible. But, if they won't deal you have nothing really to lose by going to trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">