• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just an update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Damasoy

What is the name of your state? Florida
Hello, Ladynred and everyone else just wanted to let you guys know that I finally went to see a lawyer as a matter of fact I got to see 2 lawyers and the first one give me red flag when he said that maybe it was better for me to wait until the new law came on effect so I wouldn't loose my car because the equity on the car is $7000 and I only have a few more months to pay it off. He Didn't give any other option other then to talk to the trustee so I will have a year to pay it back to the trustee under the new law that is. I told him that I didn't think that was right for me to do, that that is why I was trying to file bk now and no after Oct 17. He keep insisting that maybe was better for me. I told him "Mr. XXXX I would call you back and let you know what I decided, thank you for your time" and I left. I can't afford to waste time like that, he gave me the impression that he didn't know to much about bk. The # 2 Lawyer was more knowledgeable ( 16 yrs doing bk) to me and knew exactly what he was talking about and I know because this forum has teach me so much ( I read the forum every day) that I knew what kind of questions to ask to the lawyer and what type of answer I should have expected from him. I apologize for the long msg. Any way I decided to go with the #2 Lawyer he said that I would have 6 month to pay my car to the trustee costing me (3000) only ( I hope) and that I can work on it. I don't have anything else other than my car, is going to be though but with God help I would try my best to do it. I will let you know how everything goes. I have to go back in a week to start filling the paper work and give him half of the money a littler expensive but like everyone here said you get what you pay for. Thank you every one for helping me and others. :) Please any advise is welcome. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">