• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Curious....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Lawsuit or Not?

What is the name of your state?vermont

I'll make this as brief as I can. I don't know if I have a case, but this is what happened. In May of 2004 I had a tooth ache...had a root canal done, was not put on antibiotics, just given pain meds. A couple days later I experienced a lot of pain. I told the Endodontist that I was in pain and he put me on Clyndomycin and a steroid (dextramethasone) I kept telling the Dr. I was still was in a lot of pain and ended up moving my 2nd phase of the root canal up. He finished the root canal at the second visit on a Wed (1 week after the 1st phase)....which was odd since my dentist told me that he probably would leave it open so it could drain....he also lanced a pocket of infection on the side of my gum. I asked the Dr. if I needed antibiotics, he said no. By the next day I was beside myself in pain. I was taking high vicodine, etc... on Thursday I keep telling the Dr's receptionist who called to check on me that I was in terrible pain... She called back and the Dr. put me on a higher dose of Clyndomycin and more steroids (every 2 hours). Needless to say by Friday night my father and husband took me to the ER at Yale University Hospital in CT. My left side of my face and neck was extremely swollen and I had a fever. I saw a dental resident there and they gave me a shot of morphine and numbed my mouth and sent me home....they asked if i was on any antibiotics and I told them I was on Clyndomycin and I just finished the steroid...but I didn't think it was working because I could press on my gums and infection would ooze out. No blood work...nothing. I went home and was in never land on pain meds. Saturday night my husband decided to drive me back to Vermont and take me to a hospital there. When I arrived in the ER where within minutes I was admitted...having polaroids taken of my face, catscans, put on IV antibiotics,had emergency surgery to remove the tooth and drain the infection which turned out to be deep tissue cellulitis through the neck and throat, admitted into the ICU, transport to a big university hospital and stayed there for a week on IV antiboitics. I had a picc line put in and went home to do IV antiobiotics, plus oral antibiotics. I eneded up loosing two teeth and being out of work for a long time. I feel that the doctor didn't listen to me when I kept telling him "I don't think these antibiotics are working". He sent me a letter after I got out of the hospital with a check for the $$ for the rootcanal. I aso forgot to mention that I now have partial numbness on the left side of my chin.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential