• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just curious....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Litigator22

QUOTE="Michael44, post: 3563017, member: 687618"]What is the name of your state? My ex-wife still has, or has sold, my property that she would not let me get when I moved out. We were just legally divorced I don't even have the papers yet. Can I bring a small claims case against her?[/QUOTE]

If you please, some questions about this stuff that you claim she "still has or has sold" and the divorce "papers" you have yet to receive:

1. Did the court award you the stuff as part of the division of marital property, or was the stuff confirmed as being your sole and separate property as owned apart from marital property?

2. Will the pending divorce papers itemize the stuff in such a manner and with sufficient detail such that it can be properly identified?

3. Do the pleadings (complaint, petition, answer, etc.,) in the lawsuit identify/list your stuff?

4. Do you have proof that she sold any of your stuff? (Here it is noted that all you tell us is that she either has it or has sold it.)

5. If any of your stuff was sold, was it sold prior to or after the divorce case was concluded?

6. When if sold, did you discover that any of your stuff has been sold; that is, prior to or after the divorce was concluded?

Without this information it is not practical to attempt to provide a meaningful answer to your question.

quincy

To add to your good list of questions, Litigator, we also need the name of the state involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">