• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thebee

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was just fired from my job of 1 year, I had missed to many days, I knew it was coming but on my final warning my son was arrested and I missed again, any way, I have filed for unemployment, but i have to speak to a deputy or something because i was fired, does this mean i can't get it? they did tell unless i was fired for gross misconduct, i shouldn't have a problem but I don't want to depend on it if its not comming, any advice? I am looking for work om a different shift right now, but so far nothing

Beth3

By deputy, I presume they mean an adjudicator in the UC office. As you were terminated for cause, this probably is just standard practice- they will ask you the circumstances of your separation, contact the employer and ask the same thing, and then make a determination whether you are allowed UC benefits under your State's UC reg's.

If they deny you benefits, you can file for a hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">