• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just found out there is an order against me for a child I have had custody of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? California
Several years ago my younger son spent 2 months at his mom's, she got welfare and I received a notice saying I owed about 730.00. My son came home and has been with me since (except 2 short stays in juvenile hall) and I heard no more about the 730.00. I recently moved after 8 years in the same house and within a couple of months I received a notice saying I owed over 12,000.00 for this same child, this was the first notice I got since the 730.00 one. What do I do?:confused:

Has the mother been claiming the child has been living with her and perhaps receiving aid all this time? If that's the case, you will need to prove the child has been living with you with school records, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential