• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just keep going back!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J. DiDonato

Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I have been in small claims court for a credit card debt. The case was dismissed as their lawyer failed to show with appropriate documentation.
10 months later they appealed the decision and failed to show the SECOND time. Now I am to go back a third time and the day chosen is inconvenient to me. I am upset that the court keeps letting them set dates and not show up on top of it I am losing time from work and yet they keep the upper hand. Can I ask for a later date? I know they can appeal but do I have any say if the day is not convenient or can I register a complaint about wasting my time if they do not show??


Senior Member
Yes, you may ask for a continuance to a more convenient date.

Whether you will get it or not is something I do not know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential