• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just wondering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? fl

is it easier for childs name to be changed from moms to stepdads or once pat. is est. father still needs to consent? (not happening w/ me just curious)

Gracie3787

newmommy20 said:
What is the name of your state? fl

is it easier for childs name to be changed from moms to stepdads or once pat. is est. father still needs to consent? (not happening w/ me just curious)
A name change is a name change, meaning that no matter what the child's name is being changed to, the legal or bio father has to consent before it can be done.

Gracie3787 said:
A name change is a name change, meaning that no matter what the child's name is being changed to, the legal or bio father has to consent before it can be done.
what bout changing from moms to dads if one doesnt consent it wouldnt be changed? like if i wanted my son to have dads name he would have to agree n the same to change from his to mine? ( ive seen folks argue over that)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">