• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just wondering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tanith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama
I just signed adoption papers for my parents to adopt my daughter(don't dare judge me. u don't know the whole situation. I still see her at least twice a week). How does that affect my child support?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I just signed adoption papers for my parents to adopt my daughter(don't dare judge me. u don't know the whole situation. I still see her at least twice a week). How does that affect my child support?
You will no longer get child support for this child. Does the father of the child agree to the adoption?

Ozark_Sophist

If you and the father agree to the adoption, your parents--the adopting parents--will not get child support from either of you.

Humusluvr

I don't understand where you are coming from with this post. Who are you in this? Mom or dad? Are you paying child support or getting child support?

The adoptive parents will not receive child support from either of the biological parents.

j991

Once the child is legally adopted and all paperwork is final, then all child support stops. You, nor your parents get any, and no one has to pay any. If you are recieving child support and continue to after the adoption, then you are defrauding that person of the money and will be held criminally liable.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (don't dare judge me. u don't know the whole situation.
I don't get this part. People who give up their children for adoption for the most part get my respect. If you know you can't take care of a child, then give her to someone who can instead of dragging her through whatever dysfuctional life you may have going on. That requires admiration....

just don't have anymore until YOU are ready to deal with the consequences of YOUR actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">