• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just wondering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doggydaddy

Minnesota

Just wondering, hypothetically,

Say you have an apartment for rent, and a guy walks in off the street, submits an application, and "THREE DAYS" later, he calls, berates you, uses profanity, curses you out and tells you that the application process is taking too long...

Are you going to approve his application after he displays such a serious red flag...?

Its not complicated, it is basically all there is to it as described above.

AC

Proserpina

Minnesota

Just wondering, hypothetically,

Say you have an apartment for rent, and a guy walks in off the street, submits an application, and "THREE DAYS" later, he calls, berates you, uses profanity, curses you out and tells you that the application process is taking too long...

Are you going to approve his application after he displays such a serious red flag...?

Its not complicated, it is basically all there is to it as described above.

AC

Refusing to lease an apartment because someone is a complete idiot is not illegal in any US state.

Doggydaddy

I already knew that...

I didn't ask anywhere if it was illegal or not, I asked if anybody who were to read the post, if they would rent to the person.

Now...

If anybody else reads this, what I am asking is...

If you are seeking someone to rent an apartment you have for rent, and he calls you just three (3) days after applying, and throws profanity at you, curses you out, and berates you...

Are you going to rent that apartment to him...?

Now... think of it as a poll here, because as I said, I already know it isn't illegal...

Thanks

AC

Last edited:

Proserpina

I already knew that...

I didn't ask anywhere if it was illegal or not, I asked if anybody who were to read the post, if they would rent to the person.

Now...

If anybody else reads this, what I am asking is...

If you are seeking someone to rent an apartment you have for rent, and he calls you just three (3) days after applying, and throws profanity at you, curses you out, and berates you...

Are you going to rent that apartment to him...?

Now... think of it as a poll here, because as I said, I already know it isn't illegal...

Thanks

AC

Yeah, we kinda knew where you were going. Probably why nobody else responded. You need a site to air your views and make cutesie little polls. Not this forum.

:cool:

(Though to answer the question directly - I wouldn't do business with a snotty landlord or a snotty tenant)

Doggydaddy

Sorry to disturb you... but this is actually a legal case where this question is asked.

And if it is a bother to you to see it being posted, why don't you just move along and let it sit...?

After all... if this is your opinion, and you stated it, "twice now", wouldn't it be best if you just did move along instead of trying to create something more out of it than it originally was merely intended to be...?

You don't set policy on this site do you...?

I would say ... move on... let it go... unless of course, you seem to think that you will win something in your mind... which would be funny but quite sad.... because this isn't a site where you win anything .

Proserpina

Sorry to disturb you... but this is actually a legal case where this question is asked.

And if it is a bother to you to see it being posted, why don't you just move along and let it sit...?

After all... if this is your opinion, and you stated it, "twice now", wouldn't it be best if you just did move along instead of trying to create something more out of it than it originally was merely intended to be...?

I would say ... move on... let it go... unless of course, you seem to think that you will win something in your mind... which would be funny but quite sad.... because this isn't a site where you win anything .

For what it's worth, you started off by calling it a "hypothetical". Pick one.

Ladyback1

Well, aren't you a barrel of sunshine and rainbows??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

How about this, YOU move on. We will let it go... because quite frankly, the cold never bothered me anyway.
Idiocy, rudeness and stupidity does bother me, however, and you were rude to Proserpina. And your idiotic posts border on stupidity rather than just plain ignorance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
For what it's worth, you started off by calling it a "hypothetical". Pick one.
Pro, dear, LET IT GO.

Let it go
Let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go
Let it go
Turn my back and slam the door
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen
The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl
You always had to be
Conceal, don't feel
Don't let them know
Well, now they know
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
And here I stand, and here I'll stay
Let it go
Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway
It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
Up here in the cold thin air
I finally can breathe
I know I left a life behind but I'm too relieved to grieve
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
And here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let it go
Let it go
Standing frozen in the life I've chosen
You won't find me, the past is all behind me
Buried in the snow
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
And here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let it go
Let it go

So dear Pro, LET IT GO. LET IT GO.

FarmerJ

Tell the applicant I said to `kiss my tractor ( its a old ford 8N) If applicant paid a application fee for screening do not even bother to wait for credit to be run or to hear back from the screening service send a refund, why do that because then your free to also tell tenant `patience is a virtue and since you cant wait for the application process to be completed ive canceled it and you are now free to look elsewhere` A tenant cant make a landlord rent to them and a LL who has more than one qualified tenant is still able to pick and choose in this state as long as applicants are treated fairly and equally.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">