• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

justice for children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

can i sue children's services?

What is the name of your sta--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the name of your state?Ohio
I have a 4 year old daughter who has been sexually abused and molested by her father for the past 2 years. His family has an inside connection to children's services therefore all the allegations have not been investigated but pushed under the rug. I have proof of the allegations by medical reports, pictures, videotape, several diclosures to therapist and police officer and nurse and doctor and guardian ad litum and a caseworker from children's services. Children's services tried to turn it around on me by saying that I am "coaching" her to say things (even though she had physical marks that she said were from her dad rubbing her too hard). I got those charges dropped but still had to deal with sending her to her dad for visitation overnight once a week. They wouldn't even look into it because "he comes from a good family". The visitations were finally stopped because the idiot willingly submitted to a drug test in court and failed with flying colors. After the visitation was stopped he sent my 4YEAR OLD a 7 page card. On page 3 it said : So lonely. Went to the store to clear my head. They were having a sale on whipped cream and body oil. I need you. Children's services said that because he bought the card and he wasn't the one who wrote it they are not concerned about it and proceeded to tell me that I am taking it out of context. :mad: What other way do you take that? Anyway I contacted Justice for Children(they step in when Children's services fail to protect a child but you have to have clear, cut proof that the child was abused). Needless to say, they stepped in because I have the proof. They said this is one of the worst cases they have seen. Anyway, I guess my question is can I sue children's services for putting my child in danger on a weekly basis for the past year, for not doing their job, for possibly being paid off by his family, and for all the stress this has caused my daughter and my family? If anybody can help me , I am desperate. This is only the summed up version of the story. If anybody else would like to know more details please feel free to respond.
Last edited:


And Child Protective Services did nothing?! :mad: :confused: They are probably the most difficult to deal with. I am trying to decide whether or not I should file a grievance against them right now because I gave them all information regarding my ex using a belt (which was against our decree and they did nothing) to giving our children prescription meds and they did nothing. I hope that all works out for you and keep me posted.
Good luck getting results after filing a grievance. I did that twice and each time it just pissed them off even more. That's when they started retaliating against me. They are in for a world of trouble because I am not done with them. I am taking this as far as I can go and I will run each caseworkers name in the ground. I am trying to get this in the newspapers and on television. I bet that will really make them madder. I will go to any lengths to protect my daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential