• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile being charged with Grand theft Auto?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yesterday at around 7:00pm i was driving around a 2015 honda motorbike when i had stalled out in middle of an intersection. A cop car stopped behind me and they asked for license,registration, and whatever else. I was informed it was stolen which i admit i had met up to once check it out and test and then it turned into them thinking i was robbing the guy so i had ran out of a adrenaline rush of worry and fear. I had the bike about a week and the kid had reported it stolen in the area where i was seen. I have been caught driving without a license and they didn't take away my license then. will they now? the bike is worth around 2,500. Please answer someone i need real answers

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We can't afford a lawyer. i said i didn't want one
What US state? In my state, you would automatically be appointed an attorney (for which your parents would have to pay.)

Edit: Also, your parents would be on the hook for the costs of your incarceration.

Eekamouse

Yesterday at around 7:00pm i was driving around a 2015 honda motorbike when i had stalled out in middle of an intersection. A cop car stopped behind me and they asked for license,registration, and whatever else. I was informed it was stolen which i admit i had met up to once check it out and test and then it turned into them thinking i was robbing the guy so i had ran out of a adrenaline rush of worry and fear. I had the bike about a week and the kid had reported it stolen in the area where i was seen. I have been caught driving without a license and they didn't take away my license then. will they now? the bike is worth around 2,500. Please answer someone i need real answers
You stole the bike. You got caught with the bike. You are in a huge world of doo doo now, kid. And you deserve to be. You're a thief.

Illinois, I signed a juvenile slip asking if i wanted an attorney present i said no. It was not a planned robbery as we were on camera where we met up. I need honest and genuine answers.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Illinois, I signed a juvenile slip asking if i wanted an attorney present i said no. It was not a planned robbery as we were on camera where we met up. I need honest and genuine answers.
I think you're foolish to NOT get an attorney.
I HOPE you'll be incarcerated for some period of time.
I HOPE you'll get a better understanding of the laws that control the lives of civilized people.

Beyond that, nobody can really guess.

Just Blue

Real Answer: Stop confessing to Grand Theft Auto on the internet. Idiot.

quincy

The honest answer is you need a defense attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">