• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? illinois

I have a problem with a 15 y/o male that has been harassing my family for years. (father of boy encourages behavior)

The boy has obtained a paper route that puts him in my neighborhood every day. The kid will ride past my house repeatedly to catch my children outside alone…if they are he will/has done things like

-telling the 4 y/o to go in an call mom a b**ch , or MF’er, or teach her to give the middle finger.
-spew vulgarities at my wife, me my neighbors
-call my 11 y/o a c*nt,
-this last week at the local carnival the boy had stalked her walk really close and “bumping into her”
-when she was alone he came up behind her and said” I’m gonna kill you and cut off your f*cking head”

I can go on a long time

I have reported this to the police every time, states attorney will do nothing

Said this was all hearsay, just get thrown out in court, etc. SA even had the gall to look at my daughter an tell her to “never go anywhere alone”

I know for a fact, there is at least 200 complaints on this kids (local police are just as frustrated)

I do not want to wait until my daughter is assaulted, raped or murdered in order for the States Att. To do something

Is there ANY recourse for me?


Senior Member
You might check with the local court and see if this is the kind of thing they can issue a restraining order for (or "no harassment" order if your state has such a thing). The physical threats COULD be a crime, but without some action taken to give your daughter or you reason to believe he would carry out the threat, it is likely not a criminal act any more than the other annoying statements are.

Unfortunately, the law gives a person the right to be a complete and total flangehead.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential