• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile male is making multiple female minors sexually uncomfortable.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

River502

What is the name of your state?
I live in St. Johns County, FL.

At a private school in St. Augustine, FL there's this CREEP, we'll call him R. In prayer request, he was asking that this young girl in his class, we'll call her M, have good birthday. Seems nice right, okay, yeah, but her birthday wasn't till a month away and he knew that. He said it every single day for a month. Then another young girl, we'll call her B, saw her name written over and over on the front of his binder (we have cloth covered binders idk what they're called). She told him he was creeping her out and to cross it out and stuff like that. A few days later she saw on his binder (it wasn't crossed out btw) her name over and over on the back, and one even said R + B (it said their real names). She yelled at him again cause she had told him he was making her uncomfortable and so on, then she personally crossed it ALL out while he told a teacher, we'll call her Mrs. A. So Mrs. A came over to B and told her she had embarrassed R and some other remarks somewhere on the lines of 'it's fine maybe he just likes you' uhh yeah he definitely likes her alright, and Mrs. A got him a new binder because B 'wrecked' his old one. R told a guy he sits next to in class, we'll call him G, that B was absolutely in love with him. G didn't believe R but he kept saying it. Yeah she'd rather die. Then R told another young girl, we'll call her K, that he dreams about her a lot. He said one of the dreams K is NAKED. In his BEDROOM. Holding his BABY! For the age reference B is in 8th grade and R, M, G, and K are in 7th grade. It's a small school so 7th and 8th have many classes together. R, however is actually 15 because he's mentally disabled and from what I believe is Russia (that last bit is as far as I know). I thought what he did for B what sooo creepy, then I learned about the K thing. B told the principal after her thing but she knew they wouldn't do anything and they didn't especially because he's mentally disabled.
What should we do?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Are you B, M, G or K? Each of them should tell their parents, who should meet with the principal/headmaster. Unless you're one of the students being bothered, you really have no dog in the fight.

commentator

If they disciplined one of the students, even if they talked to "R" the school's administrators certainly would never tell the girls that they had done so, report back to them about the situation, etc. Frankly, it is very early in the game, but time for you to learn that when you complain about a situation, the authorities may have the responsibility to deal with it if you've passed it up, but that happens best if brought to them by your home authority (as in your parents) And the one thing you never, ever get out of this is that you never get to hear what they said to this other person or find out what they did about it. As long as the situation stops, they've taken care of it.

Channeling back to the 8th grade here, there is nothing you can do to stop people you are not attracted to and consider creepy from finding you attractive, getting a crush, writing your name on their notebooks, asking for prayer for you. Heaven knows celebrities have this problem all the time. The best approach is to be vigilant, don't be vulnerable, keep yourself safe by letting your parents know anything that is going on that you are uncomfortable about, yet still, don't make a big old deal about it, forbid this person to speak your name, or be cruel to them. You may find yourself looking back and realizing that you were, at this time of your life, less kind than you would have wanted to be to this person who was, like yourself, young and vulnerable.

The more attention you pay to unwelcome attention, the more likely it is to continue and become more and more unhealthy, and this attraction to you and some of your girl friends isn't really unhealthy for a young man, even one you consider creepy. It's up to his authorities to help him deal with his feelings appropriately.

Eekamouse

At a private school in St. Augustine, FL there's this CREEP, we'll call him R. In prayer request, he was asking that this young girl in his class, we'll call her M, have good birthday. Seems nice right, okay, yeah, but her birthday wasn't till a month away and he knew that. He said it every single day for a month. Then another young girl, we'll call her B, saw her name written over and over on the front of his binder (we have cloth covered binders idk what they're called). She told him he was creeping her out and to cross it out and stuff like that. A few days later she saw on his binder (it wasn't crossed out btw) her name over and over on the back, and one even said R + B (it said their real names). She yelled at him again cause she had told him he was making her uncomfortable and so on, then she personally crossed it ALL out while he told a teacher, we'll call her Mrs. A. So Mrs. A came over to B and told her she had embarrassed R and some other remarks somewhere on the lines of 'it's fine maybe he just likes you' uhh yeah he definitely likes her alright, and Mrs. A got him a new binder because B 'wrecked' his old one. R told a guy he sits next to in class, we'll call him G, that B was absolutely in love with him. G didn't believe R but he kept saying it. Yeah she'd rather die. Then R told another young girl, we'll call her K, that he dreams about her a lot. He said one of the dreams K is NAKED. In his BEDROOM. Holding his BABY! For the age reference B is in 8th grade and R, M, G, and K are in 7th grade. It's a small school so 7th and 8th have many classes together. R, however is actually 15 because he's mentally disabled and from what I believe is Russia (that last bit is as far as I know). I thought what he did for B what sooo creepy, then I learned about the K thing. B told the principal after her thing but she knew they wouldn't do anything and they didn't especially because he's mentally disabled.
What should we do?
How about you worry about your studies and stop worrying about a kid who simply has a crush. This sounds like normal behavior for a boy his age. If he was walking around talking about wanting to hurt one of the letters of the alphabet, that would be concerning but he's not.

Just Blue

What should we do?
He is Russia? Not Russian but the whole country?:giggle:

Let see...what should you do..hummm.... Perhaps have a bit more compassion for a disabled boy in your class. Life is hard enough for mentally disabled children without the added cruelty of their peers. Being kind doesn't cost you anything. One would think you would know that as you are in a Christian School.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

What should we do?
You are at a private school. Therefore there may be things in the rules governing the school that are different from what is customarily in a public school's.

What you can do:
1) Be polite. Inform "R" politely when his behavior makes you feel uncomfortable.
2) Be compassionate. He is disabled. There is a difference between a disabled person being awkward and someone just being a creep. Try to understand what his disability is, and work with those limitations. For example, there are social cues that my nephew with Down Syndrome intuitively gets that my autistic neighbor would never understand. My autistic neighbor can seem creepy because he only observes the social cues that have been drilled into him, but his identical twin is an actual creep because he can "fake it" better and turns violent on a dime.
3) The girls can politely approach the teacher/headmaster/guidance counsellor and express their concerns. Hopefully your school is also providing him with some of the special attention he needs, and knowing what areas he needs to work on to be accepted (or at least not rejected) by his peers could be useful.

You are walking a fine line. The fact is that he is clearly disabled, even from your own description, and he seems to be teased more than you are "threatened" by his quirky behavior. It also means that if his behavior changes from eccentric to threatening, people might already be preconditioned to ignore your complaints as you and your clique are already (rightfully) known as those "mean girls".

My daughter is your age, but in public school, and she has a stalker. 90% of what her stalker does that creeps her out is just the actions of an awkward boy, as is what you have described. I worry when it reaches the point of an account being hacked, and messages about guns and eliminating others (mutual friends).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">