• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

allyfunston

I have legal custody of my 16 y/o son. I am a single mother. Despite my efforts, my son has been in continuous trouble with Juvenile Services. Recently, I found drugs in his room. When I approached him about it, he ran away. The police had a nationwide search going but he was not found until 10 days later. Again he is in trouble, Criminal Mischief, 1st degree. After being held in a detention facility, they released him to his father's custody. His trial is coming up January 8th, 2001. The Juvenile Officer's said they are going to charge me with abandonment even though his father is willing to be responsible for him. I am not able to control him, I'm afraid of him, and am currently unemployed and cannot afford an attorney. I'm scared. I have tried to help him unsuccessfully. What do I do? What is going to happen to me? Please help me.

Alice

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

allyfunston said:
I have legal custody of my 16 y/o son. I am a single mother. Despite my efforts, my son has been in continuous trouble with Juvenile Services. Recently, I found drugs in his room. When I approached him about it, he ran away. The police had a nationwide search going but he was not found until 10 days later. Again he is in trouble, Criminal Mischief, 1st degree. After being held in a detention facility, they released him to his father's custody. His trial is coming up January 8th, 2001. The Juvenile Officer's said they are going to charge me with abandonment even though his father is willing to be responsible for him. I am not able to control him, I'm afraid of him, and am currently unemployed and cannot afford an attorney. I'm scared. I have tried to help him unsuccessfully. What do I do? What is going to happen to me? Please help me.

Alice

My response:

We'd like to assist you; however, you apparently didn't see that red writing up at the top of the page. Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Also, you have posted your question(s) on the wrong Board. This is the Family Law Board (Divorce, Support, Custody, Lover's squabbles, etc.). Please go back to the "Forum Page" and choose the Criminal Law Board, and re-post there.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to you editing your post.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-26-2000 at 10:46 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">