• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile wrongfully accused of property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
orrr it could be a mother of a child wrongfully accused of something, making sure she knows all of the details before moving forward with litigation or paying for a claim as she would rightfully do If her son was involved....way to stick up for justice:unsure:
How do you know these details? If you say that you spoke to the children, that means that you have their info and can ask them to testify on behalf of your son.

In any case - your insurance will advise you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
orrr it could be a mother of a child wrongfully accused of something, making sure she knows all of the details before moving forward with litigation or paying for a claim as she would rightfully do If her son was involved....way to stick up for justice:unsure:
I'm curious.

So, stepdad didn't file a police report, right?
And didn't try going through his own insurance?
And didn't let you see the damage - you're just supposed to take his word for it, that all the body damage is from this incident?
I think in court they'd like to see proof of that the damages were caused by the BB gun. *shrug*

Edit: yes, I know that receipts for body work count as evidence of damage. But $5K+ is a lot if dings - was it all from this incident, or accumulated?

I'm sympathetic - when a car in the neighborhood was torched, helpful neighbors steered the police our way, even though the entire household was out of state at a sporting event when it happened!

Guess the dude dislikes you more than his STBX. Anyway, contact your insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">