• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My son (17) was recently arrested at school for having a pocket knife in his truck in the school parking lot. He was taken to juvenile in a police car, (handcuffed), not read his rights. I was called at 4:00 p.m. from the school and told to pick him up from juvenile (he was taken from school at 2:00 p.m.). When I got to Juvenile at 4:15, I was not allowed to see him or talk to him they kept him overnight. He went before a judge the next morning and she said it was a felony and he would be released on a 1,000 bond. That was done and he is now back in school in a different state. Do we need to hire an attorney to get this off his record? He has never been in any trouble before. Do we have any kind of case against the school or police for not reading him his right, for not notifying us or letting us even talk to him. This happened in Tennessee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential