• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenille in trouble need help badly!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ADAD

What is the name of your state? NJ

Ok here is what happened. The cops came to my house yesterday and they said that they knew that i was in a burglary incident and said that they wanted me to confess. I was shooken up when this happened, and I confessed to the incident. They arrested me then they brought me to the police station. Then it was there that I confessed that I didnt do anything and told them that I knew the person that did it (my best friend but i dont wanna tell on him)so i madeup someone and they made me do a tape statement about that person (tyreke) but i didnt sign it yet, what do i do, I dont want to rat my friend out but i dont want to get in trouble.

Last edited:

racer72

You have a choice.

See the two circles? o O

The small circle is the anus of a free person.

The large circle is the anus of a young person in jail.

Rat on your best friend, you have a small circle.

Keep your mouth shut, you will have a big circle.

Your choice.

Whyte Noise

It's really quite simple ADAD. You either stick by your original story that YOU did it, take the fall for your "friend" (who, BTW, must be a really good one to let you get in trouble for something HE/SHE did), and suffer the consequences. Read: Jail, probation, a conviction on your record for life, the possiblity that if you want to go into a career that requires a background check you will be denied that career because of this incident.... the list goes on and on.

OR

Your "friend", who is the one that actually DID this, takes responsibility for their own actions. Do you REALLY want to take the chance of ruining your own record for what someone else did? Trust me, your friend more than likely wont hold you in any higher regard for "covering his ass". Maybe you'll get a "Thanks man", for your effort, and perhaps the next time your friend does something illegal, he'll ask you to take the fall for him again. Although next time, it might be more than a burglary. So yeah, you have 2 choices..... Big O or Little o. Personally, I'd rather have the Little one...

Bravo8

Let me get this straight....

You are sitting at home, minding your own business. You hear a knock at the door. You open the door, and there stands a few police officers. They say, "Hey, we know you committed this burglary. Confess and make it easy on yourself." (or something to that effect). And you say.....................

"Sure. It was me."

:rolleyes:

Something tells me you are full of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">