• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenille laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deaglen

What is the name of your state?dawnWhat is the name of your state? Colorado, Can the sheriff give juvenilles curfew tickets with out notifing their parents? And then let them walk home at 4:00 in morning. He also made them sign a ticket idmiting guilt which is a $100.00 dollar fine? What are the laws in colorado on curfew laws?

Happy Trails

deaglen said:
What is the name of your state?dawnWhat is the name of your state? Colorado, Can the sheriff give juvenilles curfew tickets with out notifing their parents? And then let them walk home at 4:00 in morning. He also made them sign a ticket idmiting guilt which is a $100.00 dollar fine? What are the laws in colorado on curfew laws?
Your state doesn't have curfew laws. Your local government makes these laws in order to curtail crime.

Depending on their procedure in your area, law enforcement is only trying to enforce the ordinance.

Can the sheriff give juvenilles curfew tickets with out notifing their parents?

Happens all the time.

He also made them sign a ticket idmiting guilt which is a $100.00 dollar fine?
Yes, that most likely is the fine for breaking the ordinance. It's meant to send them a message.

deaglen

juv law

Colorado.

Will someone please clarify what is the difference between and ordaince and juv law? How can a cop give a ticket to a juv if they dont contact there parents? The where not out roming the streets they had a birthday party at a friends house with both parents consent. If the had permisson to be there why where they given tickets? What if the never given this curfew ticket to me? there would be a warrent put out for myself. but they didnt contact me?

It just doesnt seem right.

Some Random Guy

Will someone please clarify what is the difference between and ordaince and juv law?
A city ordinance is a rule passed by the city that has penalties when broken. In this case the ordinance applies to juveniles.

The [sic] where [sic] not out roming [sic] the streets they had a birthday party at a friends [sic] house with both parents [sic] consent.
What? You mean that the police entered the private residence to issue a curfew violation? Are you sure that they were not being given a ticket for being outside during the curfew?

deaglen

juv law

Colorado.

Yes im sure the werent outside, but there where juv outside at this party when a fight happend and when the other kids seen the cops they all scattered so into the house the other juvs got away so the cops gave everyone tickets. So please someone answer my question the difference between a ordiance and a ticket?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An ordinance is a local law. A ticket is what you get when you break that law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">