• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

K-1 visa pending...visitation inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DLee61

What is the name of your state? CT
During the fiance visa process is there a written rule that states that the foreign fiance cannot enter the USA during this period?

I have been reading other forums where foreign fiances were denied entry into the USA because of this. The country of origin that I speak of is Canada. Makes me wonder why someone from Canada would want to enter the USA illegally. I could understand someone from oppressed countries wanting to enter illegally...but why would someone from Canada be denied entry? Any input?

LegalBeagle

DLee61 said:
What is the name of your state? CT
During the fiance visa process is there a written rule that states that the foreign fiance cannot enter the USA during this period?

I have been reading other forums where foreign fiances were denied entry into the USA because of this. The country of origin that I speak of is Canada. Makes me wonder why someone from Canada would want to enter the USA illegally. I could understand someone from oppressed countries wanting to enter illegally...but why would someone from Canada be denied entry? Any input?
Generally, it is not wise to try and enter during a pending application. I mean, what if the application is denied whilst they are in the US? That person would be able to stay, marry quickly and adjust status.

Bottom line.. it is down to the INS officer at the gate. They may or may not let them enter. Last I read, Canada was very oppressed... full of French people. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">