• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping a PA LLC active?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlesrwest

I have a PA registered LLC. I'm trying to figure out if there is something particular I need to do to keep the registration active? It looks like there's an annual fee but it seems to only be required for LLCs doing specific things (professional services or charity, I believe). I'm not doing either of those things. It's been about a year since I incorporated.

Is there anything I need to do, or will it just stay active?

Thanks!

PayrollHRGuy

Are Limited Liability Companies responsible for paying the Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax?

For tax periods beginning after January 1, 2016 LLCs are no longer required to file the Capital Stock/Franchise Tax, and from that tax period and forward, would only be required to file the RCT-101 report if they elect to Federally file as a C corporation. Limited Liability Companies must still file a PA Corporate Tax Report, RCT-101, for tax periods beginning before January 1, 2016.

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1352/related/1

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I have a PA registered LLC. I'm trying to figure out if there is something particular I need to do to keep the registration active? It looks like there's an annual fee but it seems to only be required for LLCs doing specific things (professional services or charity, I believe). I'm not doing either of those things. It's been about a year since I incorporated.

Is there anything I need to do, or will it just stay active?
I assume the LLC did not elect to be treated as corporation for federal and state tax purposes. If that's right you will need to file a report with the PA Secretary of State every 10 years at a minimum. Certain changes you make to the LLC will also trigger a reporting requirement.

Are you the only member? If not then you may need to worry about filing federal/state partnership returns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">