• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping child from moving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seeingheragain

What is the name of your state?NY
Well I go to court on the 7th. I was told by a judge I must do a substance abuse eval. so I went to my buddy's dad, he's a M.D. and had him write up a paper saying that he didn't feel i was an alcoholic although I do drink socially. Will this be good enough to keep them in this state?

Shay-Pari'e

seeingheragain said:
Well I go to court on the 7th. I was told by a judge I must do a substance abuse eval. so I went to my buddy's dad, he's a M.D. and had him write up a paper saying that he didn't feel i was an alcoholic although I do drink socially. Will this be good enough to keep them in this state?
Go away idiot.

S

seeingheragain

Oh thanks, calling names is going to help and you must be very mature. :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

seeingheragain said:
Oh thanks, calling names is going to help and you must be very mature. :rolleyes:
Dude, your sickening.seeingheragain
Member Join Date: Apr 2005

What are my options?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? Upstate New York

Hello everyone. I am a29 year old man with one girl, she is 2. My wife and I were married in a different state and that is where she was born. We moved to New York b/c I thought I would be happy here, and have more income. But after a year that has not happened. We are just as broke, and our marriage is failing. I have been verbally abusive to her and a little physcial with her. Never to my little girl though. My wife has other children, and I have been verberally wrong to them, which is why my wife is leaving me now. I know she has little money, but has a family who can probally help her. I got papers saying she filed for full custody in family court, may 11 I don't think I will go to that. I hate her for trying to move away. She has been offered a job out there and her other children want to be close to their father so she wants to leave. I just want my little girl. Can I make them stay here? I won't have money for any good attorney. Past history of me includes, several domestic calls to our house, once I was arrested for a bench warrant for a DUI I never paid. I have that DUI arrest 2 years ago, I do drink alot and was told by counseler to go to AA but never have gone. I also have drug possession on my record years ago. She has never been in much trouble, she's a goody to shoes really. But I dont want to move, I like to hang out with my friends here, we play poker, and I think the schools here teach kids better then any other state. So what can I do to make her stay, she will never leave any of her kids I know that. So if her other kids want to live w/ their dad she will def. move to be with them there, but I will not let her take my daughter. That would be funny huh...make her choose?

This is mature?

rmet4nzkx

seeingheragain said:
Nope :rolleyes:

snostar

rmet4nzkx said:
It is out for repairs, but the crystal ball is working fine :)
Cause it ricochet of the charts!

The reading on this one is clear as a bell, there is no way this man will get custody or prove the move is not in the child's best interest....NEXT!

Ding. Ding. Ding.Dumba@! You will be LUCKY to get supervised visitation!!... Glad she finally got some balz of her own about her and left you!

You better be looking for a good job instead of a good lawyer, 'cause you're going to need it with all of the child support you are going to be paying!

Last edited:

Veronica1228

concernedmom4ki said:
Ding. Ding. Ding.Dumba@! You will be LUCKY to get supervised visitation!!... Glad she finally got some balz of her own about her and left you!

You better be looking for a good job instead of a good lawyer, 'cause you're going to need it with all of the child support you are going to be paying!
Be careful who or how you quote. It looks like you are yelling at snostar. ;)

snostar said:
Cause it ricochet of the charts!

The reading on this one is clear as a bell, there is no way this man will get custody or prove the move is not in the child's best interest....NEXT!
I AGREE!! I AGREE!! Sorry snostar! :eek: love ya though ;)

Rushia

seeingheragain said:
Nope, the judge ordered and so you must do it!!! You were warned months ago to stop drinking and being such a jerk.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This is the second time that the judge has told you to seek substance abuse help. A letter from your friend's Daddy isn't going to cut it with the judge. All you'll do is piss him off more. You can forget keeping the kid, and you can forget unsupervised visitation at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">