• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping kid away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shauna g

What is the name of your state?texas
It maybe too late because she missed their court date becuyz they told her they would pick her up and didnt. She was totally screwed over by these people who dont think shes good enough to be in his life. They took him from her 4 years ago and have not let her see him for no reason cps gave the child back then few months later the grand parents took the baby from both parents and broke them up. They have bullied her and manipulated her in so many ways then sued her for child support which is in the thousands now and she hasnt worked in years becuz bipolar and depression and morning the loss of her child she has severe social anxiety and such low selfesteam now she didnt stand up to them cuz shes broke and they have tons of money and she has nothing. Is there any thing that can b e done ? Isnt that some kind of child abuse to deny a child his mother because shes meek and they r assholes

Eekamouse

It maybe too late because she missed their court date becuyz they told her they would pick her up and didnt. She was totally screwed over by these people who dont think shes good enough to be in his life. They took him from her 4 years ago and have not let her see him for no reason cps gave the child back then few months later the grand parents took the baby from both parents and broke them up. They have bullied her and manipulated her in so many ways then sued her for child support which is in the thousands now and she hasnt worked in years becuz bipolar and depression and morning the loss of her child she has severe social anxiety and such low selfesteam now she didnt stand up to them cuz shes broke and they have tons of money and she has nothing. Is there any thing that can b e done ? Isnt that some kind of child abuse to deny a child his mother because shes meek and they r assholes
Why were they able to take the child from her? Were there issues with child abuse or drug addiction? Are these her parents? Who are you in all this?

Shauna g

Why were they able to take the child from her? Were there issues with child abuse or drug addiction? Are these her parents? Who are you in all this?
They were able to take him because he was staxying the night with grandma and mom and dad had a fight mom left and they changed the locks and wouldnt let her in or give him back to her she had no where to go and like i said she has issues standing up for her self also she had no money and they do and she was scared to go against them they messed with her head pretended to like her got her trust and then tokk advantage of the situation

t74

Im her bf
If she is interested on advice from this forum, she needs to get her own username and ask her own questions. You need to keep out of it. Your involvement should be in assisting her in obtaining and paying for the services of an attorney.

BTW, a person with such serious mental illness so as to be non-functional may not be an appropriate caregiver for a child - especially a young one.

Eekamouse

They were able to take him because he was staxying the night with grandma and mom and dad had a fight mom left and they changed the locks and wouldnt let her in or give him back to her she had no where to go and like i said she has issues standing up for her self also she had no money and they do and she was scared to go against them they messed with her head pretended to like her got her trust and then tokk advantage of the situation
That's just what she told you. You don't know what really happened because you weren't there.

Shauna g

No actrally that is what happened i was there also im posting on her behalf because she doesnt think she has a chance she is a great mom she just doesnt have any money or a place to live is only reason y she didnt take him. I have watched this girl?become a shell of her self i cant watch her light die any more its so faded this is consuming her i was hoping to get encougage positive feed back and a little hope maybe to bring her outta this depression

Gail in Georgia

Quite honestly it may be difficult for a court to grant custody to a parent who 1. has no money, 2. has no place to live, 3. cannot work because of what sounds like uncontrolled bipolar issues, depression, social anxiety (all your description from your postings).
Someone can believe they are a "great mom" in their own eyes but if they cannot control their own life it may not be safe for them to be responsible for a child at this time.

Gail

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No actrally that is what happened i was there also im posting on her behalf because she doesnt think she has a chance she is a great mom she just doesnt have any money or a place to live is only reason y she didnt take him. I have watched this girl?become a shell of her self i cant watch her light die any more its so faded this is consuming her i was hoping to get encougage positive feed back and a little hope maybe to bring her outta this depression
Look - if she doesn't want to pursue this, then nothing will happen. You have no dog in this fight.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
This is not child abuse, and as her "bf" you need to get you attitude in check, because believe you me, it's obvious, it's negative, and it's going to hurt her ability to improve her situation.

So, what Mom can do:
* Get help for her various issues.
* Petition the court for parenting time.
* Exercise every minute of parenting time that the court allows... even if it's supervised, even if it's therapeutic visiting time.
* If she is refused her court ordered parenting time, when she makes an attempt to exercise it, document the incident. This could be a police report, but there are other ways... If she is regularly denied her parenting time, then go to court and ask that the other party be found in contempt.
* Say and think nothing but nice thoughts about the people caring for her son.

That would be a start.

The italicized portion is kind of important.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">