• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping Rapist from getting my kid through unrelated case Putting documents under seal possibly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MJSU

Missouri Saint Louis City 22nd judicial circuit
I'm wondering how to enter into a Missouri civil court in the city of Saint Louis documentation in a civil case unrelated to child custody (it's totally civil litigation loss of property I am the plaintiff) if my ex can get said documents and use it against me in a future child custody case

I'm wondering how I can enter the documents of my disability without them being used in a future child custody case against me. I'm using the documents to show that when I signed something in December 2017 saying I agreed not to sue the Humane Society of Missouri for my cats which they took from in October of 2012 after my mom gave them up to them while I was in the hospital, (The reason they cited for not giving them back to me was that I had called on the phone too much. No reason really they just took my cats.) that I did not know I was signing that. (BELIEVE ME the HSMO in a related case in small claims court weasel worded it! and I got screwed) I want to enter in my disability paperwork from social security showing I am seriously mentally ill and possibly legally insane)

I'm wondering how to enter into a Missouri civil court in the city of Saint Louis documentation in a civil case unrelated to child custody if my ex can get said documents and use it against me in a future child custody case for my kid. My son came from a sexual assault and luckily (how I say that) the guy has a preponderance of evidence against him for raping his then 16 year old son in 2001 in Missouri as well as a restraining order for molesting his then 11 year old daughter also in Missouri. He may have a record in Florida but I don't know he is not a convicted sex offender. I think what I want to do is seal it but I'm not sure if that's right. BTW he's interested in getting to know my son my son is currently in foster care and living with my sister because my house didn't pass an inspection we cleaned it up in a day but I have had difficulty getting him back because the children's division case manager didn't think I was up for the job

quincy

Court pleadings and motions and evidence introduced in court and court transcripts and court decisions and court orders are (with few exceptions) open to the public.

The exceptions include sensitive or confidential records that the court (with justification) has ordered sealed. You can request of the court that all records pertaining to your disability be sealed. File a motion to file document(s) under seal.

Last edited:

MJSU

how do
Court pleadings and motions and evidence introduced in court and court transcripts and court decisions and court orders are (with few exceptions) open to the public.

The exceptions include sensitive or confidential records that the court (with justification) has ordered sealed. You can request of the court that all records pertaining to your disability be sealed. File a motion to file document(s) under seal.
How do I do that and what does it look like are there any latin terms used and are you a lawyer with experience in Missouri?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your best bet it to speak to a local attorney. I don't think you would be able to write any motions on your own and stand any chance of having a judge grant those motions.

No one here will do that for you either.

quincy

how do

How do I do that and what does it look like are there any latin terms used and are you a lawyer with experience in Missouri?
Any request to file a document under seal is made by motion to the court without the document to be sealed attached. The court will rule on your motion and, if approved, the court clerk will enter the judge's order and the security level. Once the order has been entered, you then file your document with a notice to the court clerk that the document is to be filed under seal pursuant to court order, and include the date the order was signed.

If you do not know how to write or file a motion, you could find assistance at a legal aid clinic in your area.

Here is a link to representing yourself in Missouri. If you do not think you can handle representing yourself, you should find an attorney in your area.

https://www.selfrepresent.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=4092

There is a member of this forum who practices law in Missouri. "TigerD" might stop by to offer you more information.

Good luck.

MJSU

Any request to file a document under seal is made by motion to the court without the document to be sealed attached. The court will rule on your motion and, if approved, the court clerk will enter the judge's order and the security level. Once the order has been entered, you then file your document with a notice to the court clerk that the document is to be filed under seal pursuant to court order, and include the date the order was signed.

If you do not know how to write or file a motion, you could find assistance at a legal aid clinic in your area.

Here is a link to representing yourself in Missouri. If you do not think you can handle representing yourself, you should find an attorney in your area.

https://www.selfrepresent.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=4092

There is a member of this forum who practices law in Missouri. "TigerD" might stop by to offer you more information.

Good luck.
Where is TigerD posting at that I can contact them or their individual page please?

quincy

Tiger D only checks the forum on occasion. I will send him a message. :)

As a note: Even though he is an attorney in Missouri, he cannot help you draft your motion. That goes beyond the scope of the forum.

TigerD

...if my ex can get said documents and use it against me in a future child custody case...
Yes, Documents filed in court are going to be available to be used unless they are filed under seal. Then they may be able to be used -- it just takes more work.

I want to enter in my disability paperwork from social security showing I am seriously mentally ill and possibly legally insane)
You should talk to your counselors or guardians. Frankly, this admission raises serious questions to the veracity of most of your claims.

my son is currently in foster care and living with my sister because my house didn't pass an inspection we cleaned it up in a day but I have had difficulty getting him back because the children's division case manager didn't think I was up for the job
You are in need of assistance that is beyond the ability of this forum. You need an attorney.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">