• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

keyboard layout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keyboardlayout

Hi,

First of all, I am a completely ignorant of legal issues, let alone about the procedure to follow, therefore for now I’ll be concise, inviting you to ask whatever additional information I should provide. Furthermore, please elaborate your reply as much as possible.

I am and live in the European Union. I’d like to patent a keyboard layout for a language which uses a non-latin script. Apart from a brief description, I've thought a couple of drawings showing the distribution of characters would suffice it.

USA ‘upsto’ obviously seems the most international office. I’d like to know as much related to my quest as is available, especially how to figure out the total fee to pay during the whole period the patent is protected.

Hope to hear news soon.
Thank you so much in advance.

adjusterjack

I’d like to know as much related to my quest as is available, especially how to figure out the total fee to pay during the whole period the patent is protected.
Here is a link to the website of the US Patent and Trademark Office:

https://www.uspto.gov/

See the part where it says "learn about the process"?
See the part where it says "fees and payment"?

You should find the answers to your questions there.

If not, then I suggest you hire a patent attorney.

quincy

Hi,

First of all, I am a completely ignorant of legal issues, let alone about the procedure to follow, therefore for now I’ll be concise, inviting you to ask whatever additional information I should provide. Furthermore, please elaborate your reply as much as possible.

I am and live in the European Union. I’d like to patent a keyboard layout for a language which uses a non-latin script. Apart from a brief description, I've thought a couple of drawings showing the distribution of characters would suffice it.

USA ‘upsto’ obviously seems the most international office. I’d like to know as much related to my quest as is available, especially how to figure out the total fee to pay during the whole period the patent is protected.

Hope to hear news soon.
Thank you so much in advance.
The USPTO is not the "most international office."

You want to go to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). The International Bureau is designated as the clearinghouse for international patent applications, this designation made by the Patent Cooperation Treaty of 1970.

Here is a link: http://www.wipo.org

The PCT created a procedure for inventors to get patent protection in all member countries. The USPTO is a designated receiving office.

I recommend you sit down with a patent attorney to discuss your needs.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">