• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keylogger Illegally Installed On My Computer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShyButTempted

Arizona

2 other people along with myself have recently discovered our computers had spy keyloggers installed on them by another member of a chat room we frequent. This program was installed by sending us a download. This was installed in June and we only now discovered it. We were able to pull up logs of all chats, emails, passwords, bank accounts etc....ANYTHING that anyone who has touched my computer has done,has been recorded. The sender of this file logs into a website with her password to view our daily activity. The website where she purchased the softward does state it is illegal to install the software on a computer that you do not own.

We know just who did this as the person who was with her when she purchased the software, has admitted to it

Any advice on what we can do? She has children so we do not want to see her children affected by her foolish act. Has she commited any crime by doing this?

divgradcurl

"The website where she purchased the softward does state it is illegal to install the software on a computer that you do not own."

That sure sounds like what she did was illegal, if it's true.

"Any advice on what we can do?"

Notify the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">