• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keys to rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank You. I was just personally curious. I'm due to be out of my rental this Sunday. I just had an agent contact me wanting to meet to get a spare key NOW, even though they'll have the keys in possession in 4 days. It's something the landlord emailed me about weekly the entire time I was living there, but I never could understand why she didn't have a spare from the prior tenants who were there for 3 years before I moved in. And I'm unsure why they'd need a spare 4 days before she takes possession.

Just Blue

Thank You. I was just personally curious. I'm due to be out of my rental this Sunday. I just had an agent contact me wanting to meet to get a spare key NOW, even though they'll have the keys in possession in 4 days. It's something the landlord emailed me about weekly the entire time I was living there, but I never could understand why she didn't have a spare from the prior tenants who were there for 3 years before I moved in. And I'm unsure why they'd need a spare 4 days before she takes possession.
It doesn't matter why. They are entitled to it.

no locks were changed. The previous tenants dropped keys at noon, I picked up same keys at 1pm that day. I never changed the locks. They lived there 3 years before me, LL should have had a set long before I moved in if that's what she wanted. I got harassed about this weekly for nearly 18 months.

Eekamouse

no locks were changed. The previous tenants dropped keys at noon, I picked up same keys at 1pm that day. I never changed the locks. They lived there 3 years before me, LL should have had a set long before I moved in if that's what she wanted. I got harassed about this weekly for nearly 18 months.
Why didn't you just give him a copy of the keys to stop the "harassment?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">