• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kicked out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aaronm8

What is the name of your state? Texas
I got kicked out of a volleyball game because I'm not from that school, though I've attended that school for 10 years and decided to leave my senior year. They told me they don't allow students from other schools but most of the people there weren't from that school. Then police came and threatened to press charges if I don't leave the premises. I think its unfair to get kicked out of a game for no reason and I have no past charges or bad misconduct. isn't that abuse of power or something.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Texas
I got kicked out of a volleyball game because I'm not from that school, though I've attended that school for 10 years and decided to leave my senior year. They told me they don't allow students from other schools but most of the people there weren't from that school. Then police came and threatened to press charges if I don't leave the premises. I think its unfair to get kicked out of a game for no reason and I have no past charges or bad misconduct. isn't that abuse of power or something.
The school can bar people from school premises.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you have been told that you are not allowed to be somewhere and you are there anyway, that's called trespassing and it is not inappropriate for the police to address that. It doesn't matter if someone else is allowed to be there; YOU are not.

quincy

If you are charged with trespassing (or any other crime), you should consult with an attorney in your area and say nothing to the police.

aaronm8

If you have been told that you are not allowed to be somewhere and you are there anyway, that's called trespassing and it is not inappropriate for the police to address that. It doesn't matter if someone else is allowed to be there; YOU are not.
My question is though, why am I not allowed in. Their "New Rule" that they made up on the spot states students that do not attend this school may not enter to view games, yet there where many students attending the game that don't attend that school including my friends from other schools. They can't "Bar" me considering I've done nothing wrong and have attended that school for 10 years. And no, it can't be trespassing because its a PUBLIC school and I'm a student still. Just because a teacher said I can't be there doesn't mean they gotta get all of security on me. They have got to be in violation of something.

quincy

My question is though, why am I not allowed in. Their "New Rule" that they made up on the spot states students that do not attend this school may not enter to view games, yet there where many students attending the game that don't attend that school including my friends from other schools. They can't "Bar" me considering I've done nothing wrong and have attended that school for 10 years. And no, it can't be trespassing because its a PUBLIC school and I'm a student still. Just because a teacher said I can't be there doesn't mean they gotta get all of security on me. They have got to be in violation of something.
The public school is on private property.

Just like the public-at-large is not allowed to wander school hallways, use the school restrooms, or eat in the school cafeteria without authorization, the public is also not allowed to be on school premises without authorization.

The school can ask anyone to leave.

Why did you decide to attend another school your senior year?

aaronm8

Just like the public-at-large is not allowed to wander school hallways, use the school restrooms, or eat in the school cafeteria without authorization, the public is also not allowed to be on school premises without authorization.

The school can ask anyone to leave.

Why did you decide to attend another school your senior year?
Hm, I guess you're right, Thank you, now I can have some closure about that. And I was offered a starting position for soccer that was taken at my previous school. Also, since I work part time they where able to offer me a flexible schedule. My previous school didn't offer me much in terms of good scheduling.

quincy

Hm, I guess you're right, Thank you, now I can have some closure about that. And I was offered a starting position for soccer that was taken at my previous school. Also, since I work part time they where able to offer me a flexible schedule. My previous school didn't offer me much in terms of good scheduling.
It can be tough to switch schools, especially right before your senior year, but it sounds like your decision to leave was based on good reasons.

Have a good school year.

adjusterjack

Nothing illegal happened. Get over it and move on. Maybe you'll get some satisfaction if your team beats the pants off their team.

quincy

Nothing illegal happened. Get over it and move on. Maybe you'll get some satisfaction if your team beats the pants off their team.
aaronm8 said he has "closure" now so it appears he already is moving on. :)

Many people appear to be confused about what "public" actually means in "public schools." A public school simply means that the school is funded by the public (through the local, state, federal government).

FlyingRon

Only in the most bizarre of circumstances. Nearly every public school is on public (that is, government-owned) property.
Just because the property is "public" however, doesn't mean that everybody is allowed whatever access they want to it.

quincy

Only in the most bizarre of circumstances. Nearly every public school is on public (that is, government-owned) property.
Just because the property is "public" however, doesn't mean that everybody is allowed whatever access they want to it.
Correct. Often it is owned by the school district.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">