• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kind of related to insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

savelina

This is my situation, my daughter, who is 16 years old, tore her ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) that is in her knee, and required surgery. After her surgery the doctor referred us to a Physical Therapy place that was nearby our home. We went there for her first visit and we asked the receptionist what our co-pay was. She said that we did not have to worry about the co-pay, that she would contact our insurance and take care of everything. Everyday that I went in to take my daughter for her appointments, I asked the lady what my co-pay was and repeatedly she said that she had to contact my insurance and that she would take care of everything. My daughter continuously went to that place until I asked the receptionist again and she told me that the insurance only covered her visits for the first 30 days, and that was after my daughter had visited the place for 3 months. I would have never gone to that place if I would have known that I had to pay every single time after 30 days, especially when each visit was $70-$100. My daughter did not continue to go there and a few weeks later I was billed with a $3,000+ bill. This receptionist should have told me that my insurance did not cover after the first 30 days, because now I have to pay 3,000+ dollars for her ignorance. I want to know if I can do anything with this case, because now my daughter has to have the same surgery for her knee and I do not know what I am going to do with this bill, which is way out of my budget, especially when we have to pay for the previous surgery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">