• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kinda confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

braydex3

So this is kinda a long story but I will try and make it short as possible. first of all I have been married to my husband for 10 years between the 2 of us we have 6 kids 3 from him and 3 from me. my first two kids are 28 and 26 when they turned 18 their child support case was dropped and I was told that the 96,000 dollars that is owed to me the children would have to sue their father for. The other child is now 15 and his father is in Prison until he is 18 the courts dropped that case because he will be an adult when he gets out. so I have been supporting these kids on my own. Now my current husband had 2 kids that are 28 and 24 and he is paying back child support for on a weekly basis. He just recently got his license back because he has been paying regularly. well his job moved his pay to biweekly and it is going to take Child enforcement a month to change that in their system meanwhile they said his license will be suspended again. I guess I am wondering why is there such a big difference in how the courts handle child support ? how is it fair that I am not ever going to get anything for my grown children but my husband is getting his license taken away and punnished for his 2 grown children? now my husband is worried that the child enforcement is going to make him pay more because we both are working and he thinks they will freeze my checking accounts because they did his. my car insurance is gonna have issues as well if he looses his license. he wants to leave me so I don't get caught up in this mess. I don't know what to do or what options we have any Ideas?

LdiJ

So this is kinda a long story but I will try and make it short as possible. first of all I have been married to my husband for 10 years between the 2 of us we have 6 kids 3 from him and 3 from me. my first two kids are 28 and 26 when they turned 18 their child support case was dropped and I was told that the 96,000 dollars that is owed to me the children would have to sue their father for. The other child is now 15 and his father is in Prison until he is 18 the courts dropped that case because he will be an adult when he gets out. so I have been supporting these kids on my own. Now my current husband had 2 kids that are 28 and 24 and he is paying back child support for on a weekly basis. He just recently got his license back because he has been paying regularly. well his job moved his pay to biweekly and it is going to take Child enforcement a month to change that in their system meanwhile they said his license will be suspended again. I guess I am wondering why is there such a big difference in how the courts handle child support ? how is it fair that I am not ever going to get anything for my grown children but my husband is getting his license taken away and punnished for his 2 grown children? now my husband is worried that the child enforcement is going to make him pay more because we both are working and he thinks they will freeze my checking accounts because they did his. my car insurance is gonna have issues as well if he looses his license. he wants to leave me so I don't get caught up in this mess. I don't know what to do or what options we have any Ideas?
If his name is not associated with your bank accounts then they cannot touch your bank accounts. It would only be a problem for any joint accounts that you might have.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Assuming this is all in the same state (which you didn't provide), either his ex was more vigilant in pursuing what he owed than you were with your ex, or she was getting help from the state (which the state WILL pursue). As long as your accounts are not joint and your funds not comingled, you should be okay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">