• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kitten Run Over by Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Nevada

If someone finds a kitten which has been run over and it's intestines are coming out, and they take it to a vet, are they liable for the bill? I guess the question is, do vets really care about animals, or money? There was a kitten run over this weekend and a lady who found it asked where the nearest vet was. She seemed very hesitant to take the kitten in and I really wanted to, but my husband said we would have to pay the bill. This was not our kitten, but I feel the kitten needed to be put to sleep and not be allowed to bleed to death. Any opinions??

geminiboa

kitten run over

I would say that if you took the kitten to the vet, it is your responsibility to pay the bill.

Well, then I'm glad we didn't take the kitten from the woman who picked it up from the street after it was run over. I just feel very very sad that that kitten was probably just left to die a very painful death....I just can't get the thought out of my mind...:confused:

Gail in Georgia

"I guess the question is do vets care about animals or money"

I'm always amazed at the assumption that vets, who undergo long and quite costly years of education, are, somehow, not supposed to be able to make a living.

Anesthesia (which is what is used to euthanize animals) isn't provided free to the vets.

Still, there are a number of vets who would euthanize sick/injured animals at little or no cost to good Samaritans who bring these animals in. My vet does this.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">