• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

know anything about "The Keeper" insurance policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shiela

I live in Oklahoma and was in a hit and run accident last week. The other driver left the scene and no one got his tag. My van was blue booked at $15500, when the damages totalled in excess of $13000 my insurance company totalled it. But I have carried the keeper policy on all my cars since they first stated offering it (appx 1993) Basically it is suposed to allow me to get a new comparable vehicle, so long as mine is less than 3 years old. I had a 1998 TransSport van. The insurance company is telling me that it doesn't apply in this case because the total damages plus the salvage amount must be equal to or greater than the cost of a new vehicle. They are offering 16100 to settle. But we don't know the total damages, nor do we know the salvage price. Is this a fair settlement?

ALawyer

I'd suggest that you ask the Oklahoma Insurance Department. I am NOT familiar with that brand name policy. But offering above book is usually generous.

S

shiela

thanks for the help

Thanks, I found the Oklahoma Insurance Dept. on the web and they were extremely helpful. I didn't know they existed. I really appreciate your letting me know about them. Shiela

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">