• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kogg

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgilber

Our Company has established a 3 tier system, based on employee income

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Our Company has established a 3 tier system, based on employee income, of Employee contributions for Health Insurance Premiums. Those that are in the lower tier pay a lower premium than those in higher tiers. I have asked the Insurance Commision to explore if this is allowed but have not had a reply yet. My interest is if State and Federal law allows this. It seems that this may be age discrimination due to the fact that as one ages, one's income increases. :confused: At this point I do not know what action to take.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is by no means a given that everyone older will be receiving a higher income. A 52 year old janitor will not be making as much as a 32 year old systems analyst.

What you describe is not age discrimination and I am not aware of any state or Federal law that prohibits it, unless CT law is different than most states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">