• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KS Gun Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

A service dog is no more allowed to attack someone who is legally performing their job than any other animal is.

The homeowner and the dog should have remained inside the home. The homeowner should not have aimed a gun at the repo man.

There have been several additions to your original story so I question now whether you would make a good witness to the incident or to the neighbor's character, should your neighbor be charged with a crime. If your friend is charged, you can help him by pointing him in the direction of a criminal defense attorney.

Smittyks

I'm not going to court. I just know what I saw. She came out to get her things. And remove them from her peoperty not stop them from repoing. Her service dog was on her property where it's not required to be on a leash and protected it's owner from the overbearing towman.. who attempted to breach her personal space and if it weren't for the service dog God know what would have happened... The tow truck man threatened an extension of her with deadly force and she protected herself. I saw it with human eyes. She never pointed a gun at anyone.. infact I heard the lady on the phone with the police say.. "I don't know the color of the gun I can't see it cause she's removing stuff from the car" .. I'm not a lawyer I'm a human and it wasn't right... No matter what gun laws or any other laws says... If I do go to court.. that's exactly what I'll say

quincy

"Exactly" what happened, according to you, has changed from first post to last. I hope your friend has more to rely on for defense than your testimony. if your friend is charged with a crime.

Your friend should have an attorney if charged. You can help your friend by driving this friend where s/he needs to go.

Smittyks

Exactly what happened never changed. I added details as I read opinions of what happened and realized I needed to elaborate. My neighbor has a new car. So she doesnt need a ride from me

ShyCat

The tow truck man threatened an extension of her with deadly force and she protected herself.
Don't be absurd. A service dog is NOT "an extension of" a person. Threatening a service dog is not the equivalent of threatening their person. Seriously, do you really expect someone would be charged with homicide for killing a service dog that was attacking them?

pac72

guess you don't see the repo mans right to do his job legally without being attacked by a dog... and that bully of a repo man was there because your innocent neighbor failed to uphold their contract with the lender on her nice new car...

Smittyks

Don't be absurd. A service dog is NOT "an extension of" a person. Threatening a service dog is not the equivalent of threatening their person. Seriously, do you really expect someone would be charged with homicide for killing a service dog that was attacking them?
If the service dog was preventing an attack on it's owner I do feel that. And the repoman doesn't have the right to attack or touch neighbor. The dog prevented that..

Smittyks

If the service dog was preventing an attack on it's owner I do feel that. And the repoman doesn't have the right to attack or touch neighbor. The dog prevented that..
guess you don't see the repo mans right to do his job legally without being attacked by a dog... and that bully of a repo man was there because your innocent neighbor failed to uphold their contract with the lender on her nice new car...
Cause someone has financial problems... (I'm assuming) doesn't instantly make them worthy of foul treatment.. not an assumption I saw the bully towman. And if your on someone's property uninvited.. lawfully or not the murder of their animal should be illegal especially if the animal was defending it's owner. Seems odd to me that of it was a police dog... Who is a public service animal... It'd be federal charges... The nice new car you mentioned is the car she has since the incident occurred not the one repoed

Smittyks

His job is to repossess the car not threaten the homeowner so much so to where the service dog has to intervene and then threaten to kill the dog

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
His job is to repossess the car not threaten the homeowner so much so to where the service dog has to intervene and then threaten to kill the dog
And had they not let the dog out then the repo man wouldn't have had to protect himself against the dog.

I'm beginning to thing you're not the neighbor, and you're actually the person whose car was repo'd.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I've thought that for a long time. It does not appear that the OP is willing to accept any answer that does not include the repo man being wrong and the person whose car was being repo'd justified in their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">