• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KY - can my dad give away $

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janad98

Kentucky - Dad lives in KY, the divorce was filed in KY, last fall, can he give away his money to children & grandchildren after divorce is filed? My older sister is elder abusing my mom for $, mom is in early alzheimers, older sister "aducted" mom from hospital, no one knew where she was for 2 weeks. Sister has convinced mom dad wants a divore (he does not, neither does mom). Dad is trying to get a competancy hearing for mom, but it has gotten stalled & rescheduled. He's afraid divorce will go thru before he can get competancy hearing, and wants to protect funds from going to evil daughter! There was no clause for "DISSIPATION OF ASSETS" in the divorce papers.

LdiJ

janad98 said:
Kentucky - Dad lives in KY, the divorce was filed in KY, last fall, can he give away his money to children & grandchildren after divorce is filed? My older sister is elder abusing my mom for $, mom is in early alzheimers, older sister "aducted" mom from hospital, no one knew where she was for 2 weeks. Sister has convinced mom dad wants a divore (he does not, neither does mom). Dad is trying to get a competancy hearing for mom, but it has gotten stalled & rescheduled. He's afraid divorce will go thru before he can get competancy hearing, and wants to protect funds from going to evil daughter! There was no clause for "DISSIPATION OF ASSETS" in the divorce papers.

Your dad needs an attorney if he doesn't already have one....like NOW.

janad98

re: dad needs a lawyer

...he already has one, she stinks. He lives in a tiny town, they have one judge for the whole district, so court only meets once a month. He has not been able to get a lawyer that specializes in elder abuse, because they don't want to drive so far. There is one other lawyer in town, but he hasn't decided if he will take dad's case...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">